Friday, August 7, 2009

A Friday Frenzy

Oh my...what a day! As "Edith Ellen Eddy's" mother says in one of Sophia's favorite books "My minds in a whirl!" I feel like I've been juggling too many things in my head as we get ready for Sophia's first official school year that I tend to be forgetting more than I can remember. Proof that I am losing my mind among other things:

We ran out to grab a bite tonight with the kids...and were looking forward to a short walk when we came home. I came in the house to bring in the baby bag, etc and that is when I noticed that I was only wearing my wedding band...no engagement ring. Did I forget to put it on? Did I have it on at physical therapy earlier... Did I have it on a dinner.... I couldn't remember any of this...and I PANICKED. I quickly walked back out to the garage and delivered the bad news to Brett. He was NOT happy to say the least, but he offered to head back to the restaurant....and after a few prayers to St. Anthony and a lot of searching... he found it in the parking lot; a little mangled but still in tact. Whew!!!!

Still recovering from knee surgery....much of my time has been spent in physical therapy....so Joseph and Sophia have had lots of yiayia and pappou play time. Sophia has really loved having her pappou around as he enjoyed a few weeks of vacation. She is already sad that he will not be able to spend the day with her next Wednesday when she goes to Yiayia's. She was thrilled that Pappou took her to the pool a few times (as I have still not been given the okay to get my leg in the water) AND loved the fact that she got to eat lunch there too!! I wish I had some pictures

Both of the kids look so much bigger to me now than they did even just a few months ago. Sophia even has another loose tooth! Oh my...she (or Hannah) as she calls herself is growing up way too fast.



And Joseph is finally starting to have some understandable conversations with us. Today he told me he wanted "juice!" He normally does not like juice, but today he saw Sophia's juice cup and pointed to it and kept saying juice. So I gave him some juice of his own. He liked it!!!!.... (for a moment at least) before he let it spill out of his mouth...then he walked around holding his apple juice smelling shirt and saying "Uh-oh juice!" Tooo cute!




Sophia had her first pedicure (really it was just a "polish") at a real nail salon today. She's been wanting to do this forever...so when I decided it was time to get my toesies painted....I decided she could join in on the fun! She of course chose a fabulous pink and was very particular about the flower she wanted... particular....imagine that! We had a good time together...just the girls!






And a little picture of a little project I've been working on.... silhouettes for the guest room! I think they turned out pretty cute. It might be fun to make them again in a few years and see how their profiles have changed!



Sophia decided it was time for Joseph to have a special friend in his bed during his nap just the other day. Of course he had more fun playing with this cute little bunny and decided playtime in his bed seemed more fun than actually sleeping. After I came in and gave him a few "sh, sh's" he did finally fall asleep and this is how I found him before he woke up! Hopefully our transition to kindergarten next week will be this peaceful!!


1 comment:

yiayia said...

Love the curls on my little guy----and they are both growing it's obvious when I look at them!!! Poor Brett-----thank heaven he has good eyes!!!!! <3