Saturday, June 5, 2010

Monster Mania

Besides my own little munchkins frequently acting like "monsters" at times :), I have been inundated with requests for "monster" cookies.  When I got my first one.. I panicked a bit when I couldn't find a cutter to match what I was envisioning in my mind.  I had to improvise.  I pulled out the drawing pad.... and with a few models from my research... I drew what I was imagining.


Then I went to work.


I was thrilled when I found some perfect eyes at the baking store....but felt a bit like I was cheating by using them....so..... I decided to make my own royal icing eyes from scratch... a bit of a challenge....and still a work in progress....but they worked!


So here is how the little monsters turned out.  Joseph wasn't so sure he liked them...."Those cookies scare me," was his response...followed by "Are those cookies for me?"





Glad I got to make these for this special family!!!!  Hope you had a HAPPY HAPPY 2ND birthday Mr. S!!!!!:)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Amalia...they were a HUGE hit!! Everyone was talking about them (and eating them!) I can't thank you enough for helping me make his day super special...you are a creative genius!!

Jenn

Eryn said...

Those are my favorite cookies yet! I loooooove monsters and robots! So are you officially open for business?