Friday, July 22, 2011

Swimming Lessons

So.....wouldn't you know....our two week mid-afternoon swimming lessons just HAD to land during the hottest weeks of the summer!  Whew!!!! Just sitting in the heat watching my little fishies was enough to exhaust this mama.....or maybe it was trying to hold my (I'm guessing) 20 pound almost 6 monther while trying to keep on eye on both Sophia and Joseph's lessons.

Here is my little Sophia....I was worried she would not like these lessons since she had a few way back when with a "not so friendly teacher".



And here is the little trouble maker...oh my...


S and J were so lucky to get these lessons with this family who actually grew up in my old neighborhood.  I knew these kids when they were itty bitty....and now they are all grown up and soooo sweet.

I had a hard time getting pictures of Mr. J swimming with his coach...because well...he spends most of his time just getting out of the pool and wanting to jump in.  His poor coach tries to get him to watch him...and J will be looking the other way.  This little guy is so curious...and let's just say he has a hard time staying focused.  He's three...nuf said.




I am sooo proud of Sophia....she is doing wonderfully.  From being afraid to put her head in...she now is learning to freestyle...move her arms out of the water...


backstroke...


and even dive.


When she puts her mind to something...


she works her "darndest" to succeed.


I don't think I have ever been more excited about the weekend than I am this afternoon.  I. am. simply. exhausted.   These kiddies have worn me out this week.  It seems this HOT weather has persisted  a bit too long....We can't spend as much time outside....and the heat just seems to make everyone a bit more grumpy.  There is a little more bickering....and seems to be a lot of "fist-fighting" going on when I turn my back on S and J.  Who would have thought that teaching a three year old to "keep his hands to himself," to not bite or pinch (even if it is in fun) could be soooo difficult.  This stuff is much harder than anything I ever had to learn in school.  Of course "the teasing sister" doesn't always help matters.  Hmmm....I think we all need a little vacation. 

Pics of Sam will have to wait till next post....I had intended to take a picture of him with his cute new hat today...but spent most of the day with repairmen working throughout the house....our pile of damaged equipment (from the lightening strike) is growing in the garage....but s-l-o-w-l-y everything is getting back to normal....and at least J has made many new friends along the way.....I think these repairmen may just go home as exhausted as I am, after J asks each of them his usual 20 questions.  

TGIF:)

1 comment:

Yiayia said...

REALLY proud of those two fishes!!!! Catherine is soooooooooooooooo grown up! I just knew Sophia would get into it---and our little Joseph ---just likes having too much fun! Bless his heart--he's too cute for his own good! <3