Monday, August 22, 2011

Getting Ready....


for SECOND grade.  Well our last official day of summer is tomorrow :(    Sophia had her orientation today.... We turned in all the important health forms, lunch forms, spirit wear forms, etc....while she settled in for a little while to meet her new teacher and see her new classroom.  She was oddly quiet in the car this morning on the way...and I worried that she may be a bit nervous.....But after we picked her up from her teacher....she had that same old...."I LOVE school!" enthusiasm right back!  I think she was more stressed about what she was wearing....She was worried that she would get in trouble for wearing sandals (these are typically not allowed on uniform days), but I assured her that it was okay for orientation.  Apparently she was still worried about it when we first walked into school because she immediately asked the Assistant Principal if her sandals were okay....I guess she trusts her word over mine!!;) 


She wanted to pose with her new backpack even though she didn't have to bring it to school yet.  She desperately wanted a "Nera Bradley" (as she used to call it) backpack (all of the girls at her school carry them).   Brett and I were very hesitant about this purchase....as these backpacks are pretty pricey.  I don't think I owned a Vera Bradley bag till I was in college....but since she has had the same backpack for a few years...we decided to give in.  Just praying that this little girl continues to be her own person as she gets older and doesn't let others try to influence her so much.  I WAS glad, though, that she picked out a pattern that none of her other friends had!!!


This little girl has been quite the pill the last few months.  Sometimes we have to have little lessons about respect....manners, etc.  I think she just likes to test Mama and Daddy because she is still a sweet and sincere little girl who gives everything her ALL.    And isn't she just a beauty??


And OF COURSE.... we can't leave little J out!  Before we left with Sophia today... he was sure to tell her to "Have a Good Day!"  He will be leaving me too....in a few short weeks for just two short mornings a week to be a BIG PRESCHOOLER!!!  We happened to meet his teacher last week at school... I ADORE her already.  And Big Sister already informed her that sometimes J bites.  HA!!! Whew...glad we got that out in the open!!!:)


And my littlest man....is not so little anymore.  Sophia said today... I wish Sam would stay a baby forever.  Oh....makes me cry just thinking about how fast these last 6 months have gone.



We are definitely getting some toothers!!! And they can be pretty painful especially at night....Poor little guy!


He gets mesmerized by my flash...can you tell? Or maybe that was just a worried look on his face after he saw Big Brother throw his shoe over his head....see the shoe flying in the background???


Love to watch his giggles...LOOK at those hands.... I love how he LOVES to touch everyone so intently... He loves to just put his hands on my face...so sweet!!


This is sooo fun listening to this music and hearing the animal sounds!!!


And I had to get a picture of the back of his head...LOOK at those SWEET little curlies!!!! I am totally in LOVE with them.  My poor guy has terribly dry skin especially on his head.  But thanks to this sweet friend......I found this stuff especially designed for his hair....  Hoping it keeps those curls nice and soft...and hope he continues to grow lots and lots of them:)


So....tomorrow we will have ONE more day of fun.....One more day to read books, play hangman, and dance, dance, dance....(The Dance Party Wii game is her new favorite).  Sophia already  has grand plans for her last day of summer... she has already picked out what she will wear and has decided we will have a lemonade stand.  Hopefully the summer will go out with a bang.  It will be an eventful year ahead... full of soccer games, dancing, Brownies, preparations for First Communion and First Reconciliation and PRESCHOOL.  So thankful I could spend the summer with these special little people!!!

2 comments:

koki said...

What a sweet post - they are all little angels - can't believe how quickly time flies. So glad SP picked that Nera pattern, and that pic of J's shoe in the air is priceless. I might be in the mood for a little lemonade tomorrow ;) xxooo Thea

Yiayia said...

Our adorable little girl---like I've said in the past--I blink and she's SEVEN all ready. Precious pix of all these little miracles. <3 PS--those of us who aspire to have Diana Ross hair love those curlies, too!!!! Guess it's b/c we have that stick straight hair! :D