Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hoedown Throwdown

Our week was pretty uneventful last week as I am still re-cooperating! We had lots of help from Yiayia and the kids did lots of playing on the driveway and in the basement while I SAT. UGGGGHHH I hate sitting!!! Anyway....the highlights of the week had to be the live entertainment I had during all of those "sitting" moments! I just may have an American Idol on my hands! Miss Sophia has decided that she and Hannah Montana/ Miley Cyrus are one in the same. Weeks ago...she fell in love with the song, "The Climb," and I'm not sure whether this was a mistake on our part or not....but last weekend her Daddy gave her the soundtrack to "Hannah Montana" the movie. In one week's time... Sophia has learned almost all the lyrics to her favorite songs. And this week's favorite appears to be the "Hoedown Throwdown." I had to snap some pictures of her when she was in the garage listening to the music and performing for me! What a kick! She really has the beat and you should see her shake those hips! Oh my.... and then the transformation to the more serious song, "The Climb" complete with singing at the top of her lungs with eyes closed the entire time! I NEED to video tape this...but until then...my pictures from my "not so great camera" (hint...hint) will have to do!





Almost harder than having to sit all of the time is not being able to bake!!! Yiayia helped us bake chocolate chip cookies mid-week just so I could have my fix. And today.. I had to settle for something semi-homemade (and no, yiayia....it didn't require me to be on my feet all day!) Sophia had a great time helping me make these yummies... courtesy of www.picky-palate.com and had an even better time eating them! Yum, yum!



2 comments:

mom2four said...

Oh my! So cute! I can't wait to see a video!!!

yiayia said...

She amazes me----between singing and reading her little books---Yiayia just can't believe how grown up her little Sophia is!!!! Your treats were DEEEEELICIOUS! Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and BREAD!!!! I was in heaven! :-) <3