Monday, June 1, 2009

Ballerina Girl

Summer has just begun, and so has all of the excitement. Pools, parks, scooter's bike rides...so many fun things to do. But today was extra special because it marked the first day of Sophia's ballet/tap class. She was so excited to put on her new leotard with tutu. It was a hot, humid day here today...so I tried to discourage her from wearing her new pink tights that went with her new outfit...but once her mind is set...there is no going back. So there she was...ready to go...tights and all....and I loved every bit of it!





And here she is in a pre-class ballerina pose:



Sophia was definitely excited about this new adventure, but told me many times throughout the morning that she was a bit nervous. I told her not to worry, and that I would be there watching her through the special window. I chuckled at her response, "Mommy, what if you are the only one at the window?" I said "Well, then I will get the whole window to myself to see you!" She replied, " But mommy, who will you talk to if you are the only one there?" I thought it was pretty funny that she was almost more concerned that I might be lonely! :) No worries in that department. Little J was there with me....and his random loud shrieks thoughout the class left myself and the other parents (who were very intently watching their little ones) in plenty of company. Oh my....what am I going to do with this little guy???? No matter what I pack in my Mary Poppins bag...nothing is engaging enough to capture his attention for more than 3 seconds before it lands on the floor with a whack! I LOVED watching Sophia dance and twirl in her little ballet shoes...but I must admit...I probably didn't get to see 75% of the class as Mister required so much attention to keep him entertained or should I say quiet! :) Well I guess we will have a summer to practice!

Needless to say...what I DID see of Sophia's dancing was SUPERB! And no I am certainly not biased am I??? I'm excited to watch her learn all of these fun things. She hasn't taught me any of the moves yet....but she was very anxious to report that her teacher loves chocolate ice cream almost as much as I do! She's so funny! Here is at least one picture I got of her in her class...just look for the one with the bow!



Her "after" class pictures are evidence that she enjoyed her very first class! She told me that the ballet part of the class was her favorite, though I thought those tap shoes were pretty darn cute!




And of course... I had to get a shot of Mr. Mischievous! He was smiling at the girls on the high beam in the gymnastics class!



And last but not least...here is the NEW me after our Vegas trip...



Ha, ha...it's a wig, if you can't tell! Is it me or what???? :)

5 comments:

koki said...

La ballerine Sophia est tres tres jolie! Can't wait to hear all about it. Takes me back to Patti Bellar days! And, of course, Thea loves the Lionel Richie! I'll have to come watch her in class soon! xoxoxo

koki said...

PS - Lia - for a second I thought you ran into Cher in Vegas or you finally bought those dang extensions? ha! Actually, your natural hair color is Celine's. Can't believe you guys didn't try to go see Celine in Vegas? Doesn't she sing at Caesar's every night? Maybe not anymore . . .

mom2four said...

Awww...a very cute ballerina! Does she have Miss Marilyn?
Nance

yiayia said...

WHAT A DOLL! Patty Beller all over again. I hope they have recitals ---so she can show off her stuff! Our ballerina girl--still cannot believe she's old enough to do this. And what's with my 'new' brunette daughter :-) -- a model!!!

Eryn said...

Too cute in that ballet outfit!! Ballet class is all Sophia could talk about last week...and of course she already knew ALL the moves before she went to her first class! haha!! I love the wig - too bad you didn't get a chance to try on more before the crazy lady insisted you pay before trying on. Weird!