Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Bye Bye Binky

This little big man is going to be THREE very soon.   A few weeks ago he still slept with his binky.  In our house...prior to the big THREE...we must say farewell to our binkies.  So when the older two went back to school....Sam and I began talking about big boy things.  He agreed that we would bag up our binkies and take him to a store clerk and exchange them for a new...more fun...more "big boyish" toy.  He was a little hesitant at first, but was pretty excited about his new toy!


He chose a trip to Target and chose Toby from the Thomas the Train set for his new toy!  He was pretty thrilled... until nap time....not so much!  I tucked Toby into bed with him and I thought all was fine....I went to mix frosting in the kitchen, but when I turned my mixer off...I heard one very upset little boy.  Oh my.  It was a hard first nap without Binks.


That first night was not great either.  But he finally fell asleep....until 3AM when I awoke to strange noises downstairs... I swore there was an intruder.  I jumped out of bed, and stood frozen in the hallway, before deciding I'd better go check on the kids.  When I passed Sam's room... I noticed his bed was empty.  I breathed a huge sigh of relief knowing he was the "intruder!"   Apparently he had been searching for his binky downstairs.... but with no luck.


We are about a week's past the big "binky give-up" and, though still not sleeping at 100%...we have made HUGE progress!  Now...on to Potty Training.  This poor guy just can't catch a break!


No comments: