Thursday, March 11, 2010

Eat your veggies!


Even my picky eaters might eat these "veggies!"  I needed a "happy" picture tonight as it as been a long week already.  My poor Sophia is sick again.  My...what a year we have had. I complained to Brett all night tonight....of course trying to figure out WHY our kids have been so sick this year. If you know me at all... you know I HAVE to have explanations for EVERYTHING.  I wish I could just let it be.  But instead I wonder.....has she not been getting enough sleep?  Maybe I shouldn't have sent her to that birthday party on a school night?  Is she not getting enough vitamins?  How can this be?  I am anal about changing sheets, giving baths, and cleaning the house....but maybe I'm not cleaning enough???

I wish I could be more like Brett...and just accept it...as he says... "Kids just get sick."  Yes.... they do...but this poor girl has missed so much this year...strep in October, flu on Christmas Break, respiratory virus the entire week of Catholic Schools Week...and now today she missed her talent show at school.  I guess she wasn't alone though....Three of the 6 girls in her class are named Sophia...and ALL three Sophia's were out sick today.  I'm just praying that she feels better soon....she deserves to have a fun, healthy spring break.  And of course I pray that little J doesn't get it too.

Okay... just had to get that off my chest.  I'm gonna turn my frown upside down now, and instead be thankful about all that we do have...  We are so fortunate to be in overall good health, to have all that we do....to live in the country we live in, to always have food on our table...

1 comment:

mom2four said...

Those cookies look yummy....and I LOVE that picture!