Monday, February 6, 2012

Scheduled.

Our little man has been battling congestion and ear stuff since day one.  I tried to be conservative...and not overreact when doctors told me to give it time.  I watched this little guy rub his ears day and night....heard him cry night after night...and prayed for naps longer than 20 minutes.  The last ENT visit left the tube surgery up to us....  But rather than jumping the gun...B and I decided to wait it out...since our pediatrician seemed to think things were looking okay.  But today... when I saw this sad look...



I decided it was time...time to schedule the surgery for tubes.  When the nurse took my call today... she asked if Sam had recently had more ear infections since we met with the doctor.  He had not had more infections...just numerous colds and congestion and fussiness.  I felt a twinge of guilt scheduling this since he hadn't had a diagnosed infection in over a month...until....

Tonite....when after a long day of more fussiness....the after hours clinic diagnosed a double ear infection.  Soooo glad I made the decision today to move forward with this.  Poor Sammy....I hope that he will eventually get some relief.  He deserves it!!! Please pray for him that he finally feels some much needed comfort...surgery is scheduled for Feb 28th.

Just a few more pictures from his party day....and still more to come...


2 comments:

yiayia said...

YES!!!!!!!! I, too, hope it helps him. <3

Jenn said...

Amalia...don't fret...I'm sure you made the right decision. You know him best and want the best for him!! Wish I was there to give ya a big hug!