Monday, February 13, 2012

Sock Monkey Fun for ONE!

Twelve days ago... our youngest little man turned ONE....and 12 days later... I'm still not quite sure how that happened.  I can't even put into words just how quickly this last year has flown by....and just how much we love our little Sammy.  I have sooo many pictures to share.....not all of them are great...but all are definitely ones I want him to see when he gets older.  We were joined by family and friends and so many of the people who love this special little guy.  What an incredible gift he is to our family!  

We celebrated with a sock monkey party.... so of course we had some sock monkey treats.  


Vanilla cupcakes...



More sock monkeys....


Here is one of my helpers the morning of the party....helping me set the table....(translated:  sneaking lots of hot tamales and tootsie rolls)


I love those old fashioned candy jars....I've had them for a while and never really used them...but I thought they looked cute on the table with red and brown candies to match our color scheme!


The plates and napkins







Dining room decor



Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies for the guests to take home....wrapped up in cd packaging.


A little slideshow of our baby's first year...



We surprised Sammy with a bunch of balloons before the party....  He and Sophia had a great time bouncing them around!  I just love this picture below.....Sophia has been so incredibly in love with this little guy from the moment we brought him home.  She is soooo good with him and he adores her like no other...  The smile on his face when we go pick her up from school every day....is simply incredible.  How lucky my little boys are to have such an amazing big sister.


I tried to take lots of pictures of Sam before the party... I knew it would be hard for me to get lots of good ones during....and I did capture a few funny and sweet little smiles!





Awwww....look at those sad eyes... He really wasn't feeling too hot the day of his party and it wasn't until the beginning of the next week that we discovered he had a double ear infection.




A little monkey craft for a few of the kids at the party.... but I don't think the kids even got to it...playing in the basement was much more fun!


THE CAKE..... I searched high and low for a sock monkey cake pan, but to no avail...  Instead, I had to use the regular monkey pan from Wilton and just improvise with the decorating.... I wanted it to look just like his cookies!


His brother and sister did most of the opening for him.....and he just loved to watch and enjoy the freedom of the "ungated" living room... Of course the wrapping paper and ribbons is always the most fun anyway!


Big brother J showing Sam the ropes on his new Alpha train.  He also got some darling clothes, shoes, jackets, cars, and trains from his Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, God Parents, and friends.


Uh-oh... there's that sad look again!


I did not get good pics of the cake and candle blowing...



He wasn't smiling...but he DID like his chocolate cake! YAYYYY!!!!!


We had one tired little guy by the end of the night...he had fun with Daddy and learning the ropes to all of his new toys!


Hope you enjoyed your special day sweet Sammy!! We love you sooo much!

No comments: